Welcome to my Blog! As you may have guessed, this blog started out as an experiment, but has turned into a way of living. It is mostly about food, but I reserve the right to share or rant or even point the odd finger. I hope you find it entertaining! I encourage your comments and questions!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ottawa's Veg Fest 2011

May 1st, and a beautiful sunny day.  It was a perfect day for a drive into the city to attend my first Veg Fest!!  I was so excited.  It was held in the Glebe Community Centre, and that in itself was a treat.  The Glebe is one of Ottawa's nicest neighborhoods, lined with old homes full of character.  I could stroll around there all day.

Admission to Veg Fest was free and they even had free parking!  Can't beat that!  They had guest speakers, food preparation demonstrations, a silent auction, and several exhibitors with amazing food and vegetarian and vegan products.  They even had a vegan cupcake contest.  Perhaps I should start perfecting my recipe for next year.

I bought some hand made soaps that smell good enough to eat!!  Kelp, lemongrass, almond, cinnamon and cloves, and something with coconut, I think.  They were 5 for 20$!!

 

It was hard to decide what to eat, but we settled on the plates from 'The Table'.  This is a great vegetarian buffet style restaurant on Wellington St.  I really wish I could have sampled everything there.  Antie Loo was there selling her awesome vegan treats...  cupcakes, brownies... and she had the most amazing cakes on display!  Including this increadible peacock cake.








I can hardly wait for next year!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you had a good time. Thanks for posting about it!

    Pamela
    NCVA Communications

    ReplyDelete