Welcome to my Blog! As you may have guessed, this blog started out as an experiment, but has turned into a way of living. It is mostly about food, but I reserve the right to share or rant or even point the odd finger. I hope you find it entertaining! I encourage your comments and questions!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Toasty!

Two days into the second week and the wiring has been installed.  The holes for the pot lights have been measured out, they also reinforced the centre box to hold the heavy lighting fixture to hang over the island.    The framing is in and the insulation is almost in (this is going to make a huge difference in keeping the kitchen warm and cozy all winter), as are the pipes for the gas cook top.



Today we had quite a crowd here!  The two electricians were here, and Mario, the kitchen installer from Rona was here.  Also Nick the Gas guy from Ilite Combustion, who's in charge of the pipes for the gas cook top.  Kateriina, the kitchen designer also popped in for a site visit.  This gave us a chance to discuss scheduling and have a Q and A.  I feel very fortunate to have such an amazing team working on this project!!

Tomorrow is going to be a quiet one, since the wallboard can't be put up until after 2 pm tomorrow to allow the inspector to check on the electrical wiring.  This means that Thurs and Fri will be devoted to wallboard installation.  Then it will take 3 days to get the mudding, sanding and priming done.  And the floors are scheduled to go in next week.  Three days is needed to install the heated floors and tiles.  So to get the floors in by the end of next week will be a squeeze!! 

I'm really pushing to stay on schedule, but I have come to the conclusion that having the appliances delivered June 14th is probably overly optimistic.  I would rather delay the delivery for a couple of days than risk having to climb over 4 appliance boxes in the dining room.

After work, my son and I finished planting the vegetable garden.  We put in tomatoes, basil, zucchini, butternut squash, English cucumbers, lettuce, and swiss chard.  We also planted some beet seeds.  I also have some cilantro and Italian parsley in pots on the patio.  It doesn't look like much yet, but I had to take a picture before the weeds grow back in.



Dinner tonight consisted of portabello mushroom burgers.  Super easy...  I marinated portabello mushroom caps in a mix of balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, oregano, and garlic powder.  They only took a few minutes on the Q.  While they were marinating, I chopped some veggies (red onion, zucchini, red peppers and mushrooms), sprinkled them with olive oil, salt, pepper, basil and oregano, and wrapped them in aluminum foil.  I tossed the veggie packet on the grill along with the burgers for about 15-20 minutes.  I'll use these grilled veggies to make grilled vegetable wraps for lunch tomorrow. 

Not bad for two days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment