Welcome to my Blog! As you may have guessed, this blog started out as an experiment, but has turned into a way of living. It is mostly about food, but I reserve the right to share or rant or even point the odd finger. I hope you find it entertaining! I encourage your comments and questions!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Multigrain Pilaf

It's a beautiful sunny October day, well it was....  the perfect day for a savory multigrain pilaf.  This version is chock full of my special brown and wild rice blend, lentils, kidney beans, black beans and quinoa and is flavoured with my homemade blend of garam masala.  All four of the kids that were hanging around at dinner time wolfed it down along with a side salad with balsamic vinegrette.  The ideal dinner for a cool autumn day.

And for desert, pumpkin spice muffins fresh out of the oven.  Heavenly.



Both of these items happen to be on the Zengarry Foods menu for this week, and both are true kid pleasers. 

Now after all that hard work, I think I deserve a nice glass of wine.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment