Welcome to my Blog! As you may have guessed, this blog started out as an experiment, but has turned into a way of living. It is mostly about food, but I reserve the right to share or rant or even point the odd finger. I hope you find it entertaining! I encourage your comments and questions!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Portabello Madness

As you may have guessed from the title, I have become obsessed with Portabello mushrooms lately.  Portabello sandwiches hold a particularly dear place in my heart.  There is nothing better than frying up a marinated portabello with some onions and slipping it on a nice multigrain Kiaser roll with some fresh spinach, sprouts and hummus.  I'm drooling just thinking about it.  I recommend it highly.

Another great thing to make with these babies is Vegetable Strudel.  Fry them up with sliced peppers, button mushrooms, zucchini, and onions.  Add some oregano and basil, and at the end, a splash of balsamic vinegar.  Then roll out some vegan puff pastry and stuff it with your vegetable mixture.  Fold it up and over your veggies and score nicely.  Bake according to the directions on the box.  Here's a picture of mine fresh out of the oven. 


I also have plans for a mushroom barley soup.  My kids are thrilled with my latest obsession.  Mushrooms are on their list of the worlds most disgusting things.  Oh well, all the more for me.

It has been a very exciting week over here.  I have picked up two followers (Thanks gals!!)  and I have launched my new business venture:  Zengarry Vegetarian Cuisine.   Zengarry's goal is to deliver healthy vegan food to those who don't like to spend every waking moment thinking about, dreaming about and cooking food.  I think that if more people had easy access to healthy, delicious vegan food, they would eat better! Wish me luck and place your order at zengarry@gmail.com!    Our website is currently under construction by Francis the Great. 

I also want to mention the upcoming release of a new documentary called Forks over Knives.  Check the trailer out at ForksOverKnives.com .  This film promises to reveal the truth about the benefits of a plant based whole foods diet, and the dangers of consuming animal proteins.  It is narrated by Dr.Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. T. Colin Campbell (one of the authors of the China Study). 

Now run out and get yourself some portabello mushrooms and let me know how you cook them! 
Cheers!!



No comments:

Post a Comment