Welcome to my Blog! As you may have guessed, this blog started out as an experiment, but has turned into a way of living. It is mostly about food, but I reserve the right to share or rant or even point the odd finger. I hope you find it entertaining! I encourage your comments and questions!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Have WALLS!!

I'm so freaking excited!  I came home from work today, and all the wallboard was up!  On the ceiling, and all the walls!!!   I was expecting it to take 2 days and they got it all done in one.  That means the plastering can start tomorrow.  YES!! 

This may not sound like a big deal, but when something is finished ahead of schedule, it makes me happy.  I was comparing notes with a work colleague and it got me very excited about the finished project.  When I think about my spice drawers next to the stove, or my baking cabinet over the ovens, the pull out shelves in the pantries, or the knife drawer in the island, I begin to smile.  I can't wait to cook muffins, to make a stir fry on my new gas cook top!!  I dream about loading my very own dish washer, of putting my pots in their new drawer!  It's amazing what a little kitchen deprivation can do to a girl!!

In the meantime, I have been pouring my excess cooking energy into the garden.  Here is a snap of some of my herb planters.....  cilantro, parsley, oregano, rosemary, thyme, and chives.  Fragrantly delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment