Welcome to my Blog! As you may have guessed, this blog started out as an experiment, but has turned into a way of living. It is mostly about food, but I reserve the right to share or rant or even point the odd finger. I hope you find it entertaining! I encourage your comments and questions!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Counters and Sinks and Taps.... Oh MY!

It has been busy around here this week, and it's only Tuesday!  After having installed all the cabinetry in it's rightful place, it became apparent to me that the island was in the wrong place.  Panic!  Do I say something, or just let it go?  Luckily, I brought it up with my kitchen designer and it turned out not to be such a huge deal.  They just picked it up and moved it.  Who knew??  They did have to modify some plumbing, but it was totally worth it, because now I can look at the island and not feel a knot in my stomach.  I had myself so worked up about this, thinking that everyone was going to roll their eyes behind my back and call me a fickle female, that I didn't sleep well!  How silly am I?  Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is my project, and everyone is just trying to give me what I want. 

Unfortunately this may also create an issue with the electrical box that was placed in the middle of the old island space, and reinforced to hold a fixture that weighs 40 pounds.  Kirk is a bright guy, he`ll figure something out.  And to my untrained eye, it doesn`t look that off!

But, the island was moved just in the nick of time because at 5 pm, Georges the Granite Guy showed up with his assistant to install my counter tops!  There are no words to describe how thrilled I am.  They match PERFECTLY with everything.  It`s as though all these pieces were waiting out in the ether to come together in utter functional beauty.  The hammered copper sink, the antiqued copper tap (they match better than they appear to in this picture) and the absolutely gorgeous granite on the island.  I was a bit worried about the floor going with the counter, but they blend perfectly.  The natural stone with the dark wood makes it feel so earthy and organic. 



There are a few pieces missing though.  There is a small piece that fits at the back of the cooktop that needs to go in tomorrow morning.  They ran into a problem drilling through the stainless steel to install the new tap on the old 3 bowl sink that I am re-using. And bless them, they are rushing to get the backsplash design that I brought to them on Monday ready for installation tomorrow night.  If I can revert to one of my favorite 80`s sayings.... Totally awesome!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment